Saturday, March 3, 2012

Does any1 know of any good mom&pop places to eat for breakfast in San Diego?

tired of the chain restaurants-I take my elderly dad out every weekend, and I just want someplace different to take him.Does any1 know of any good mom%26amp;pop places to eat for breakfast in San Diego?
I'm from San Diego but the best mom %26amp; pop places are in the east county. Janet's Cafe on Greenfield and E. Main in El Cajon is a good place to start. There are a few other's, but to me... and I live in El Cajon now for 4 yrs, and Bay Park for 38, east county has the best breakfast vs. the best evening dining in San Diego.



There was a great place off of Los Coches and Old Hwy 80 that was "great", however new management and I can't remember the name hindered their approval. However, they were better than the best.... Crispy Bacon, great portion of eggs, generous waffles, and the strongest bloody mary's if you wanted one.
Stretch's Cafe In Coronado, CA. I use to work there, although I just heard it is under new ownership, so Hopefully they haven't changed the menu that much. It has been in Coronado for over 20 years, They make great home made breakfast and Lunch. I recommend getting the Bacon Burrito , It is my Favorite.

943 Orange Ave

(619)435-8886Does any1 know of any good mom%26amp;pop places to eat for breakfast in San Diego?
what area you in?
These two places were on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives:

http://www.ramonacafe.com/

http://www.studiodiner.com/

But I have never been to either. Had to be something for Guy to check em out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment