Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What is the spiciest restaurant in San Diego?

There was an article in the New Yorker several years ago that briefly mentioned an Asian food restaurant near La Jolla/UCSD with extremely spicy chiles. Dying to go, but I can't find the article and I can't find the restaurant. Thanks!What is the spiciest restaurant in San Diego?
Ba Ren Restaurant

4957 Diane Ave.

North Clairemont

858-279-2520
I agree with Ba Ren! They got the spiciest food I have ever had.What is the spiciest restaurant in San Diego?
You probably won't find much in the way of Asian food in La Jolla area because rent prices are so high--mostly just chain restaurants are this neighborhood. Try Spicy City on Convoy St. in Kearny Mesa. It's the best restaurant in San Diego and the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to--period. If you like spicy dishes, try the Spicy Boil series with beef, pork, chicken or tofu. While you're there, I recommend that you try the Chef's Special Green Beans and Baby Bok Choy with Black Mushrooms. These dishes will help you cool your tongue in between bites of spicy dishes! [Best answer?]
Spicy food...hmmm.. Well if you know the San Diego area then go down to convoy st... I go to Korean restaurants and have spicy kimchee soup and other spicy foods... I can't think of any near la jolla. The extremely spicy chiles sounds like the ones you get in chinese restaurants... the food isn't spicy but the chiles will kill you!

No comments:

Post a Comment