Tuesday, March 6, 2012

San diego foodies: what are some cant miss places for my trip?

coming in to town for 4 days at the end of the month. What are some restaurants that it would be a shame to miss? how about shopping and activities? any suggestions? home stores?San diego foodies: what are some cant miss places for my trip?
I go to San Diego every July for Comic-Con - so mostly I know the restaurants downtown around the convention center - here are some of them I try to visit annually:



Karl Strauss BrewPub - a local microbrewer, they have a restaurant at 1157 Columbia St. If you're interested in great food paired with great beer, I completely recommend...try the Beer + Cheese soup, the Ale-marinated pork chops, and maybe a Beer Float for dessert...



Kansas City BBQ - 600 W. Harbor Drive. Great BBQ food, and the restaurant is famous for being the "sleazy bar" in the movie "Top Gun" - they had a fire there 2 years ago but they have rebuilt.



Tin Fish - across from the Convention Center, and in the shadow of Petco Park, 170 Sixth Ave. Great fish, and the best clam chowder I've found on the West Coast. Nice outdoor dining -



Yard House - another place with a great beer selection, but they have a huge food menu too.

1023 4th Ave.
Take a look at this web site for ideas then come back with more specific questions:

http://www.san-diego-travels.com/san-die鈥?/a>



Most people do the zoo, SeaWorld, and Legoland. I highly recommend at least going to the beach for a look, my favorite is La Jolla Cove for walking around and seeing the good life. La Jolla Shores is really good for playing in the H2O.

http://www.san-diego-travels.com/san-die鈥?/a>



Restaurants are all over the place but if you like Mexican, try any place in Old Town. Pacific Beach also has a lot of good restaurants.

http://www.san-diego-travels.com/san-die鈥?/a>San diego foodies: what are some cant miss places for my trip?
All of the idea's up above are really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment