Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Where can I find REAL authentic Italian food in San Diego?

Most of the restaurant reviews I've read focus on decor and portions. I'm looking for the FOOD. I just finished reading the book "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham and the culinary descriptions have me wanting to try the real stuff .... beyond pizza and spaghetti.Where can I find REAL authentic Italian food in San Diego?
in little italy? i think there is this restaurant that also is a deli/market that sells authentic italian food/cheese. can't remember the name of it right now though.
Carmella Cucina Italiana Restaurant at 823 Grand Avenue in San Marcos. The owners are Italian and you can find regional favorites like Osso Bucco a la Milanese, homemade pastas with a wide variety of delicious sauces, anti pastas and everything is authentic and prepared to perfection.



http://www.carmelacucina.com/dinner.htmWhere can I find REAL authentic Italian food in San Diego?
Carmellas in San Marcos is the answer. An ex-boyfriend of mine's family was from Sicily, and he said Carmella's was the most authentic Italian food around. The food is really good. A close second to me is Joe's in Escondido.

No comments:

Post a Comment