Friday, February 24, 2012

What is San Diego like?

I would love more than anything in the world to visit San Diego. Im on the opposite side of the US in Charlotte, NC. I hate it. I havent even been to the west side. I hear nothing but the best about San Diego, like the restaurants (Rubios) and the beaches (Mission Beach). What is it really like living in San Diego? What do you guys do for fun? I'd love to day dream and experience what its like in someones own words.|||San Diego is an amazing place to live I think. I came down here 6 years ago for college from the SF bay Area and decided to stay here afterwards b/c I love it so much; the Bay Area is also a great place to live. It's expensive here but it's still cheaper than SF or LA and a much better deal I think. The weather is great 99% of the time; near the coast it's never too hot or too cold, doesn't rain much or at all during summer, and low humidity. Pretty much around 75 year round. The weather makes it possible to be outside doing things all year long. You can play any sport outside yearound, except hockey of course. I feel there is always something to do here and I'm rarely bored. It's fun going around the city and exploring all the canyons, beaches, mountains, and hills. There are so many great spots to catch a great view of the city and ocean like Mt. Soledad or Point Loma. SD has some great scenery; many communities are located atop mesa's seperated by wide canyons so there are a lot of natural open space right in the middle of the city; it doesn't feel crowded here like in LA or SF. There's always seems to be cool events going on like Street Scene (big music festival), Over The Line Tournament, and it's Mardi Gras celebration is pretty big too; they close off the Gaslamp Quarter on Fat Tuesday, let you drink in the streets, and have a parade which I don't think any other city on the west coast does. During the summer they have the horse races in Del Mar; it's one of the nicest thoroughbred tracks in the country and it's right across the street from the beach. Going to Padres games downtown is great b/c it's right next to all the bars and clubs. Nightlife is great, especially downtown and in Pacific Beach. Great resturants and seafood. And it's close to so many places like Mexico, Los Angeles, Orange County, the mountains for skiing, and Las Vegas. People here are also really nice and friendly and down to earth. It's very laid back and unpretentious for the most part; you'll see 40yo professionals riding around on beach cruisers in board shorts and flip flops. There are a lot of transplants here from all over the country so I think people here are just always down to meet new people; everyone that comes out here seems to like it. The city has such a great vibe to it b/c the friendly people and the great weather. I've lived in CA my whole life and love this state so much but I want to move and experiance living in other parts of the county but I don't want to leave SD b/c it's such a great place. I'm sure if I do leave for a few years I'll end up back here. Hopefully you'll be able to make it out here and check it out sometime.|||San Diego is a great place to live! There are so many things to do in San Diego. I think there's enough variety for almost everyone. The weather is wonderful...along the coast is mild, but it gets hotter the further you go from the coast.





There are lots of things to do in San Diego. Sometimes people who live here get caught up in their busy lives and don't take the time to explore their own city.





One of my favorite things to do is to have a bonfire on the beach. Many of the beaches have fire rings. It's fun to sit around the fire talking to friends, roasting marshmellows...making s'mores.|||i heard it was cool|||Well, my Grandmother lives there so I've been there quite a few times. However, I've never lived there for an extended period, so my view of San Diego is probably a lot different. All I know is that it's beautiful, it does have great restaurants, and there's a lot to see and do. There are nice parks, you can take trips to the desert, the zoo, and lots of other places. The beach I went to was nice too, I remember once we bought this huge kite and had a blast flying it.





The area in which my grandmother lives is nice.She doesn't live in the high class area, but has a nice condo with a pool and lots of Olive trees (I'm pretty sure they were olive, they looked like olive trees anyway) And, of course, the weather rocks. Also, the architecture tends to lean towards a Mexican style, which makes it really cool.





However, things might have changed. I haven't been able to go there for.. 3 or 4 years I think, but if I decided to move to the states, that's probably where I'd live.|||Come visit.





Rent a car, you'll need it to get around.





It's awesome here.





Fun is relative, but many people enjoy the beach.|||You get tired of everything, after a while you have nothing new to do and it's boring! The weather isn't that great, and bonfires get old if you try them every weekend. No matter where you live you will always want to live somewhere else. I have lived in the city of San Diego all my life and I cannot wait to move!|||it's not just san diego it is all of southern ca. it has the best weather all year round it has se world, a close zoo, close to disney land. but san diego is still pretty well recomended because it is a lot of fun for vacationing but it you want to live in southern ca the live in san clamemte, aliso, capo beach anywhere besides los angelas|||I love this city. It's so beautiful here. As someone before me mentioned, the geogrophy is unique in the entire country. The city is composed of canyons and mesas leading right to the pacific ocean.





The weather rocks year round -- 75 and sunny. We are very spoiled, that's for sure. I really can't imagine living anywhere else. I surf three times a week, and I mountain bike on the many trails we have here. I also enjoy ocean kayaking and swimming in the Mission Bay.





Where else in the country can I do this! That's why I love this town. People here are very chill. Cool communities like Pacific Beach have their own vibe. If you live in PB, then it's more likely you'll ride around on your beach cruiser than a car.





I live in La Jolla, which means "the jewel" in spanish. It's absolutely beatiful here. Imagine beaches, seals, dolphins, and sea canyons.





Bottom line is you have to come out here and see it for yourself.|||It is realy nice, Go 1 hour north hit the snow; Go 20 min. west you hit the beach; 30 min. south hit Mexico; 5 hours north west is las vegas; and The weather is so refreshing.|||I looove it here. I live in the north county (30 minutes from downtown San Diego) and I can't complain. Sure it is more pricey to live here than other parts of the country but it is definately worth it. The weather is pleasant year round, lots of sunshine. There are a million things to do, like go to the beach, to the desserts, to the mountains and to Mexico. And as for restaurants there is so much more than Rubios, you can find any type of food here. Overall it is really nice pretty much everywhere although there are some really bad areas.


It's just too much to describe, you should just take at least a mini vacation to come and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment