Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What Should I Do In San Diego?

I'm putting together a day trip to San Diego (I'm from L.A.) and I wanted to know, what should I do while I'm there? Where are the good restaurants? The best stretch of beach? What do I HAVE to do/see while I'm there? FYI: I'm 26 and I'm going with my 2 sisters.What Should I Do In San Diego?
My husband and I just went to San Diego last week. We are in LA, Louisiana not Los Angeles. Our daughter and her hubby live there.

If you love a good rib dinner, go to Phil's. It is unbelievable. Also, Tony Roma's is good for ribs.

We love going to visit the Hotel Del Coronado and shopping on the island. We ate lunch at Pioche's, I think that is how it is spelled.

We went on a short tour of the bay on the Hornblower a few years ago. We were going to go to Balboa Island but didn't have enough time. If the Padre's are playing, take in a game at the new baseball park.

Seaport village is wonderful! Beautiful and full of every kind of shop you can imagine.

We went to Old Town and did some shopping. I love that place. You can go to Seaworld and the zoo.

Go see the sun set in LaJolla on the cliffs.

Go to the old Point Loma Lighthouse.

Mission Beach is wonderful and you can ride the roller coaster!

sandiego.org
Well since your from LA you probably want to go to the beach where there are less of the picture taking tourists. Try Pacific Beach and the Garnet bar scene is really laid back and fun at night. Also OB is really mellow, try eating at Hodads its the best burger place right in the heart of OB (Ocean Beach). The Gaslamp Quarter is fun but much more upscale and expensive. If your looking for a laid back fun place try Basic Pizza its a bar at night and a really fun. I also like going to the Field (an authentic Irish pub) or Tilted Kilt is a great place too. The Ivy and Hard Rock are more upscale but have a fun atmosphere too. During the day, Theres the usual Sea World and the Zoo. Fashion Valley is a great mall resembles the Grove (the stores they have there) Horton Plaza is right in the heart of Downtown so its great to go to if your staying with that scene. Garnet Ave in Pacific Beach has great boutiqu shopping if your more into that. If you want a great restaurant and arent afraid to pay more for an amazing view, I would suggest Mr As in Downtown or Peohes in Coronado Island. They both have unbelievable views of San Diego that you will absolutely never forget and the food is definately worth the price. Hope this helps!What Should I Do In San Diego?
As for beaches: Anywhere in Encinitas, way better than the deathtrap of the Mission Beach party scene. Try San Elijo if you're in that region. Also, Torrey Pines is awesome, really chill. And if your from LA, I'm guessing you've had a lot of mexican food. But, if you haven't had a California burrito, try one while you're here. My favorite place is JV's Taco Shop, but pretty much any taco shop should have them. I had a California burrito up in San Bernardino and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the ones down here. If you get one, make sure it has carne asada, fries, and guacamole.
I just went there for a short (but sweet) vacation! I had so much fun, I wish I could have stayed longer. I went to Casa Beach (a.k.a. The Children's Pool) in La Jolla and saw wild seals on the beach! They are the most adorable creatures and fun to observe. I've never seen any before, and I prefer to see them in the wild than at Sea World in captivity. I also hiked at Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. It's a beautiful park on the coast. The trails are pretty easy; there are trails on the cliffs where the rare Torrey Pine trees grow, and a trail down to the beach. Be sure to see the visitor center, too. The La Jolla shores beaches were crowded, but I felt like I had plenty of space to myself at Torrey Pines (both places I visited on weekdays). I also went to Balboa Park, where there are art and science museums and botanical gardens.



You might want to try ocean kayaking by the La Jolla cliffs and caves. You can also sign up for surfing lessons. I didn't try those, but you might like to. :)



I hope you have the best trip ever and tons of fun!!!
well i went with my sister and we went to the gaslamp district and ate at this pretty cool australian themed place

http://thebondi.com/



and theres an outdoor mall somewhere i cant remember where exactly but its really colorful and fun to go to



as for the beach... i went in winter :/



and theres also seaworld and the zoo if thats your thing



just some suggestions, i know other ppl from the area probably have more to offer
The beach is always fun. You can tour the USS Midway Ship...very cool. You can go on a ghost tour of the most haunted places in San Diego.
Check out the 101 things to do in San Diego



I like the Seaport Village.
im from NY still live there, i visiited San Diego once its bautifull



-No crime



-tons of posers



-beautifull weathher
beach and sea world

No comments:

Post a Comment